We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Practice Accountant to work alongside the Managing Partner through exemplary financial management, liaisons with team members, and efficient reporting.
The Practice Accountant's focus will be to manage the current client portfolio, the junior team and to meet and acquire new clients. The right candidate will communicate with management and help the firm to get more clients, provide exemplary compliance accounting and advisory services to clients, manage his/her own portfolios of client, providing strong customer service and adhering to the firm's systems.
Proactive attitude and leadership skills are must have attributes for this role. Communication skills and awareness of the Customer Care Systems are vital in building relationships with clients.
The key duties of the role are as follows:
• Generating & onboarding new clients
• Selling services to existing clients
• Managing clients to ensure that the practice is giving class leading service
• Regular client contact, on a pro-active basis including service calls
• Managing the team (including subcontractors) workload to ensure that targets are met, review their work and support them in their personal development.
• Perform daily activities of statutory reporting for Accounts, Bookkeeping, VAT Returns, Personal & Business Tax Returns, payroll, Business Health checks, Basic Tax Planning,
• Adhering to the firm's systems
• Provide clients and junior member of the team with training and support on these.
• Complete all training programmes as required by the firm, maintain an average of 40 CPD points per each calendar year.
• Act as a key person for liaison between Principle and clients/other member’s staff.
• Travelling between branches regularly will be required.
Skills and Experience:
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/IFA/CIOT/AAT)
• Three or more years' experience as Senior Accountant. QBE would be considered for an outstanding candidate.
• Accounts & Corporation Tax
• Payroll, Bookkeeping & VAT
• Corporate & Personal Taxation
• Business Growth Strategies and Basic Tax Planning
• Business Advisory Services Skills required
• Specific knowledge of TaxCalc, Quickbooks, Xero and other bookkeeping products